Commercial Debt Collection in Henderson
Located approximately 16 miles southeast of Las Vegas is a city called Henderson, the second largest city in Nevada. Henderson has an estimated population of 320,000 residents (2019) and sits at an elevation of almost 2,000 feet.
History & Economy
Henderson was first founded in 1941 as the headquarters of and main supplier of magnesium during World War II. The city’s magnesium plant supplied the US War Department with magnesium for incendiary munition casings and airplane engines, frames and other parts. For several years, supplying magnesium was the main economics driver for Henderson.
By the 21st century, several other industries made their home in Henderson, including medicine, tourism, and entertainment. As of 2016, the city’s largest employers include:
- City of Henderson: 2,985
- St. Rose Dominican Hospital (Siena Campus): 2,100
- Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa: 1,600
- Sunset Station Hotel & Casino: 1,100
- M Resort: 1,100
- Barclay’s Services LLC: 800
- St. Rose Dominican Hospital (Rose de Lima Campus): 700
- Fiesta Henderson Casino Hotel: 600
- Las Vegas Raiders: 604
- Titanium Metals Corp. of America: 500
Commercial Debt Collection Laws
There are several commercial debt collection laws in Henderson that are useful for struggling businesses. Regarding interest rates, contract rates always prevail. If there isn’t an established contract, pre-judgment statutory rates is 2 percent.
Regarding the statute of limitations on debt, please consider the following:
- Open accounts: 4 years
- Written contracts: 6 years
- Leases: 4 years
- Domestic judgments: 6 years
- Foreign judgments: 6 years
For more details on B2B debt collection laws, visit the Nevada collection laws summary.
Contact Prestige Services, Inc.